http://www2.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=30563892 Template Healthy N Spicy...: Kheema Pav

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Kheema Pav

Pav bhaji, a very famous street food in Mumbai, is one of my favourite. I think one cannot resist that special taste and smell of pav bhaji masala. If you want to try something different with pav, Kheema pav is a good option . The slowly cooked spicy kheema is served with crispy and buttery pav. Kheema can be dry or with some gravy, as per your preference. It can be enjoyed as a starter or snack. One thing you have to make sure that the pav should be toasted with butter(I am being little generous here). The leftover kheema can be used as a samosa filling and puff pastry filling.

Recipe follows:-
Pav- 6
Ground chicken - 16 oz(you can use any type of minced meat)
Chilli powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 2tbsp
Garam masla powder - 1 tsp

Cloves -5
cinnaman 1/2 inch stick
cardamom -4 pods
crush these three together.

Onion - 1 large
Green chill - 2
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
Mint - 1/4 cup
Tomatoes(chopped ) - 2
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Peas - 1 cup
Oil - as needed
Salt - to taste

Marinate the minced meat with chilli powder,turmeric powder,ginger-garic paste,garam masala powder and salt. Heat oil,add crushed spices and green chilli. When it starts to splutter, add onions and fry till golden brown. Add the mince which has been marinated for 1/2 hour. Stir constantly on high flame for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and keep stiring for 3 more minutes. Add peas and little milk if it is too dry. Cover and simmer till done. Add lemon juice for tangy taste. Add coriander and mint leaves and adjust seasonings. Serve hot with toasted pav(chopped red onions and lemon piece by side)

27 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surya,you have a nice blog here. I am linking you on my blog, hope you dont mind.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Tanuja said...

Hi Surya,

What a great blog u have,so many new recipes looks yummy,Thanks for visiting my blog,now i will keep coming everyday:)

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Surya Hith said...

>Shilpa,Welcome to my blog!!Thanks for the inspiration for a new blogger like me.

>Tanuja,welcome!!You also have a great blog and great recipes.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Manjusha Nimbalkar said...

Hi Surya,

Just happnd to seee ur receipe for Kheema pav. The presentation is so good.I simply love kheema pav.
I dont know if you are from Bombay, but if you have heard about Lucky Restaurant, Bandra.Whose kheema pav is very famous.

Ur kheema pav Rocks !!!
-Manjusha

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Nabeela said...

yummy combo!

 
At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice como...

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Surya Hith said...

>Hi Manjusha,
Welcome to my blog!! you are true.Lucky restaurant is very famous for kheema pav.I went there once when I visited my husband's office.I have heard that there are many Irani restaurants which serves very good kheema pav.Thanks for the nice comment.
>Thanks nabeela and lera.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Anupama said...

Wow Surya, Though I am not much of a meat eater my mouth was watering after reading your recipe

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Chandrika said...

Wow! Nice recipe Surya...Your blog looks good....I am adding yours to my blogroll...Hope that's fine with you... Will surely try your recipe..My hubby is a meat lover...:-)

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger FH said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Surya.Your Kheema recipe looks delish.My daughter would love this CHILI like dish as she refers herself as a "carnivore".HA HA!!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Surya Hith said...

>Thanks Anupama.It is a nice compliment.
>Chandrika,Welcome to my blog!!Try this and let me know the result.
>Thanks Asha.Your daughter will love it.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger KA said...

Great recipe Surya! This joins my must try list

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is definately a must try. Looks marvellous.

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger archana said...

Nice recipe Surya, very good presentation too !!1

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

Hey Surya.... Where are you??? Its is been long time you are away:(

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Sudha said...

surya,the kheema pav looks so delicious..im gonna try this soon...thanks for sharing..

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger FH said...

HAPPY GANESHA CHATHURTHI ,Surya

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger indianadoc said...

Surya,that's a wonderful kheema recipe...looks yummy indeed!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Sumitha said...

Onashamsagal!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger indianadoc said...

Happy Onam Surya!!

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi good page to log in

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kanya gr8 to log in your page

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey surya..
I'm new to ur blog. I tried out ur kheema pav it turned out really good
thanks a lot

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Hi Surya,
I've made your kheema pav recipe twice now and it was outstanding on both occasions! My boyfriend said it was exactly like he remembered it in India and couldn't stop eating it. Neither could I :)

I made it using 2 lbs of meat, so I doubled pretty much everything and we now have leftovers for days! The spice powder was so fragrant and truly made the dish stand out.

Can't wait to try out more. Thanks again.

-Amanda

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Manjusha

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It came out awesome!!Took hamburger bun- heated them on the tawa .Put cheese slice on one - it melted .Added the kheema!!Sloppy Joe!!Yum!!

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use your recipe to make Keema Pav and use ground tofu instead of meat. It's lovely! Thanks for the recipe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home