Bombay Vegetable Sandwich
I got this recipe from my sister-in-low who is very fond of this dish. very simple and easy to make.Commonly White bread is preferable for this sandwich but I am using a healthy multigrain bread here.
Bread - 4 slices
Tomato - 1
Cucumber - 1
Red onion - 1
Coiander-mint Chutney - 4 tbsp
Chat masala - 1/2 tsp
Crushed peppercorns - 1/2 tsp
Butter - As needed
Salt - to taste
1) Cut onions,tomato and cucumber into thin roundels.Boil and Peel potato. Sice into roundels.
2) Trim the edges of bread and apply butter on each slice.
3) Apply coriander-mint chutney liberally on each slice.
4) Layer potato,tomato,onion and cucumber on two bread slices.
5) Sprinkle chat masala,peppercorns and salt.
6) Cover with another slice of bread and press it lightly.
7) Cut into four equal portions and serve it with tomato sauce.
Recipe for Coriander-mint chutney
Coriander leaves-1 cup
Mint leaves - 1/2 cup
Green chilli - 2 or 3
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
Lime juice - 1 tsp
Black salt - to taste
Grind altogether by adding some water. Chutney is ready.
This is my entry for Anthony's curry mela.