http://www2.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=30563892 Template Healthy N Spicy...: Mutton Curry

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mutton Curry


Here I am presenting today a mutton curry which is a good combination with pathiri (rice rotti). Pathiri and meat curry is a special treat for the guests in our home. My mother-in-law makes very good pathiri and meat curry. This preparation is comparatively easy by the pressure cooker method. You can also serve it with chappathi or rice.

Recipe:-

1) Mutton pieces - 2 pounds
2) Onion - 3 medium
3) Tomato - 3 (chopped)
4) Ginger - garlic paste - 2 tbsp
5) Red chilli powder - 2 tsp(I used kashmiri chilli powder)
6) Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
7) Garam masala - 1 tsp
8) Curry leaves - 2 sprig
9) Oil - as needed
10) Cilantro - 1/4 cup
11) Salt - to taste
12) Vinegar - 2 tbsp

Rub the washed and drained mutton pieces with vinegar and salt and keep aside. This will help the mutton pieces become tender. Mean time, slice the onions thinly and fry in oil till it is dark brown. Don't undercook onions. Add fried onions and items 3 to 8 to the mutton pieces and mix well. Transfer the mixture to the pressure cooker and cook till the mutton is done (almost 20 mts in small flame). I didn't add any water to the mixture to avoid the gravy becoming too watery. When the curry is done, sprinkle cilantro to garnish.

See a nice post of pathiri by shaheen of Malabar spices.

Pathiri and mutton curry

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Kribha said...

Dear Surya,
Mutton curry looks yummy. I don't eat mutton but I cook it for my hubby. will try this for him. BTW, what is pathiri? Never had it befrore. Thanks for sharing this.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger FH said...

Hi Surya,good to see you blogging again:))
Mutton curry looks delicious.We get only Lamb which is not as tasty as Mutton.
I am making Akki rottis today,Pathiris are the same.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Sharmi said...

welcome back. how are you? did you go to India? sorry for so many questions.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Pravs said...

mutton curry with pathiri !!! my mouth is watering :D

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Suganya said...

Hay that is looking YUM...Mutton curry is my hubby's favorite dish. I really want to give it a try.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Shah cooks said...

can i come over? i promise not to eat too much!i don't add vinegar and i am surprised u don't add coriander. i am not a big fan of coriander so this sounds so goooooood.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Surya Hith said...

>Thanks kribha.Pathiri is a type of thin rice roti which is good with non veg.
>Thanks Asha,you can try this recipe with lamb also.
>Thanks Aruna.I know.some stores are not selling fresh meat.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Surya Hith said...

>Thanks for the enquiry sharmi.I am still in US.

>Thanks Pravs,Sukanya.

>Thanks Shaheen.I also don't like coriander much.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger sunita said...

Hi Surya, the mutton dish looks mouthwatering indeed...

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Chef Jeena said...

Hi there you have a great blog,lovely recipes I love mutton. Feel free to visit my blog too :) Click Here For Food Recipes

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Surya,

Mutton curry looks great and it would bring to a party..the ingredients are big worry for me up here..i found a great resource for the ingredients. thanks to my friend who introduced to this site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home